My Journey to obtaining Double Eye Lids (8 months post surgery)

Hello everyone!! I have many readers who want to know how the scar from the incision looks like..

Tried my best to capture it closed up and you can see that the scar is really tiny.. It is not visible unless you stand really close to me…

DSC02884-1DSC02881

Dr Chen gave me a scar removal cream to use 2 weeks after the surgery but i only applied it for one week (lazy me! haha)..
Even without applying the scar removal cream religiously, the wound still heals really nicely and doesn’t leave behind much scarring..

That’s all about my double eye lids surgery and experiences.. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment or email me..

*Disclaimer: Results might varies among individuals and please do not take my outcome and experiences as a form of benchmark..

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “My Journey to obtaining Double Eye Lids (8 months post surgery)

1. Anonymous says:

Double eyelid surgery!

Hi Jermaine,

Nice to see that u are happy w/ the results! I did mine last June using the DST method for parallel eyelids & is pretty satisfied and happy w/ the results as I think I look better. However, both of my crease height are a bit different as I was told that I hv slight ptosis on my left eye, hence the stitch was made higher and I thinking of another surgery. Given my situation, do you recommend that I try Regent clinic in tw? And how much did I have to set aside for the accomodation & meals in tw? Thank you!!! 🙂

• jermaineeee says:

Re: Double eyelid surgery!

Hello!

I am not sure if Dr Chen does revision for double eyelid surgery..Maybe you wish to give the clinic a call? I’m sure they are in the better position to assist you..

I spent about 3k (for air tickets, hotels stay, surgery, meals, transport and spending in Taiwan)…

Hotel per night range from 70 plus onwards..
      Meals will be slightly cheaper as compared to Sg.

Hope it helps! 🙂

2. Interested says:

Hi!! I’m interested to have a surgery done. Do you know probably how many days will the swelling disappear or don’t look obvious?

• jermaineee says:

The swelling will depends on individuals.. For me, the creases balance out after 1.5 months (one side of my eye is more swollen than the other) and i don’t look as if i have sleepy eyes (Due to the swelling, the crease will be higher than usual thus making my eyes appear to be sleepy looking).

3. Leyi says:

Hi Jermaine! According to your post u paid about $1k sgd for the procedure right? Were you still able to go out as per normal on the 3rd day? Or still feeling “sleepy” and cant head out yet? Cos im gg to TW soon, but im not sure if i shd go ahead to do it – since its my first trip to tw, you know.. for holiday purpose actually! I hope you can reply via email (would like to ask a coupla questions too!)

TIA 😀

4. Xiao says:

hello, which type of eyelid surgery did you do? and what is the name of the cream your doctor gave you for scar? Thanks.

5. Jan says:

as per the comment above, u achieved tapered double eyelids. im wondering if this method is able to achieve parallel double eyelids?

• jermaineee says:

Hi Jean,

Actually i don’t know if this method can help you achieve tapered eyelids as he uses ‘黃金定位點’ to ‘work on’ the crease. Dr Chen decided on the crease based on my 黃金定位點 which was obtained from the mid-point of my eyes. He simulated three different level of crease based on my 黃金定位點 using a metal pin on the mid-point of my eyelid and i chose the medium crease as i wanted a more obvious result but not too high crease.

Maybe you can give them a call to check on it? 🙂