Hello! Michelle from Elite Models cosmetics has sent me another 2 products for review which i have tried it sometime back but late in sharing it (my bad!).
Just a brief introduction on the brand, Elite is found in Paris in 1972 and it is the world’s premiere modelling agency and home to some of the world’s renowned fashion models. With its top-notch experiences, the Elite Models cosmetics are developed to bring the latest makeup trends to the everyday woman. Inspired by runway fashion and with the expertise of makeup artists with more than 30 years experiences, Elite aims to provide professional yet affordable makeup to help one “Be a supermodel in her own way”.
From affordable primers, foundations, eye-shadows, blusher, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick gloss, eyeliner, makeup tools etc, Elite Models cosmetics range includes everything you need so that you can put your best face forward. Elite Models cosmetics currently retails exclusive in Watsons. 🙂
I have requested to try something from the base makeup and Jardins Secrets Spring 2013 collection so Michelle has sent me the Elite Moisturizing Two Way Powder Foundation + Elite Starlight Eyeshadow.
Let me start off with the introduction of the pretty eyeshadow! As part of the Jardins Secrets Spring 2013 collection, the Starlight Eye shadow has a smooth + soft texture and the mono eyeshadow delivers rich yet long-lasting colors. Good for layering, the crease-proof eyeshadow brings luster and charm to your eyes.
Jardins Secrets Spring 2013’s theme is about roses hence the Starlight Eye shadows have roses being ’embossed’ on them..
‘Starlight Eye shadow: A powdery texture of incomparable softness that stretches easily. The raw materials are carefully chosen for their delicacy, their softness and purity for an exceptional finish! Incomparable comfort and an irreproachable hold guaranteed. The top-quality pigments produce vibrant, trendy colours’
Tulle is a deep purple colored eye shadow with a fine gold shimmer but when i applied it on my eyelids, the result is subtle… I tried to capture it on my camera but failed! :p Mousseline has a dusty pink tone with fine silver shimmer and like Tulle, the shimmer is subtle. Will be good if you want to achieve a soft luminescent look. The texture of the eyeshadow is soft and velvety. Only rant is that it will crumbly if i apply too thick a layer hence will be great for a soft day look but definitely not build-able to achieve vibrant smokey night-time look. Pigments are of excellent quality (in just 1-2 swipes i will get sufficient pigments on my brush!) and it is highly blend-able for even look. Even without having eye primer on, the star light eyeshadow don’t crease easily and the lasting power is decent. Will recommend this eyeshadow as it is highly wearable for a soft long-lasting look.
The Elite Moisturizing Two Way Powder Foundation is another thing which i wanted to buy during my first encounter with Elite’s cosmetics in Taiwan’s Watson. Was tempted as the Two Way Powder Foundation has won few awards in 2010 (Taiwan Fashion guide best 2 way cake award, Taiwan urcosme semi-yearly new cosmetics award and Taiwan urcosme best 2 way cake silver metal) and the texture feels so fine!
Silky formula enriched in Vitamin E and Rice Powder with ultra nutritional properties, Elite Two Way Powder Foundation feels like 2nd skin as it feels flawlessly smooth and looks naturally perfect in any environment. This oil-free powder makeup also contains Multi-Nutrient Factor, an advanced moisturizer for that extra skin-loving moisture boost!
Available in four shades – Opale, Natural, Peach and Beign
Developed for the Elite Models in mind, the 2 way powder foundation combines the benefits of a foundation and powder to stay silky smooth with modular coverage. Even under stressful exposure and spotlights, fragile skin will instantly looks sublime with it.
The Good and the Bad (The picture below was taken about 3 hours after having the Elite Moisturizing Two Way Powder Foundation on)
1) Velvet fine powder and it glides on my skin very smoothly… Have not tried it with the sponge given as i’m quite ‘heavy-handed’ so i will tend to exert too much force and pick up too much powder in the process. Hence to prevent this (i have sensitive and easily congested skin), i used a makeup brush to dust the powder on. Using the brush, i will swipe once the powder the whole face and then repeat it again on areas where i have more imperfections for better coverage. The foundation does not feel heavy on my skin and skin feels silky smooth!
2) It doesn’t look cakey on me and it did not oxidize on my skin. As the foundation has moisturizing benefit, it will be good for people with dry skin. However, the oil control function is weaker (my nose became shiny after 3 hours as you can see from the picture below) as compared to my HG Givenchy Teint Couture Fluid Foundation. But due to this high oil control factor of Givenchy’s foundation, it might look cakey and patchy on people with dry skin. So, the moisturizing effect of the Moisturizing Two Way Powder Foundation will make up for the weaker oil control ability.
3) Medium coverage and is buildable to high coverage. It does covers my post acne brown marks and redness well after swiping the powder on these areas twice.
4) Using the lightest shade available and the foundation brightens up my dull complexion and evens skintone (it conceals some of my smaller pores as well but not the ones on my nose). As it doesn’t feels cakey / thick, base makeup looks natural and luminous.
5) Although it contains Talc (a known allergen that will clogs your pores), it doesn’t cause me to break out.. The key is to double cleanse and remove all your make up properly! I’m using cleansing oil followed by a cleanser to double cleanse. Like i said i have easily congested skin hence i have to try to keep my skin as clean as possible.
My experience with Elite Models Cosmetics has been a pleasant one (have tried the UV base and Intense Kajal previously) and i’m happy with the quality of the products. If you are thinking that the products will cost a bomb, then you are wrong as it is retailing at drugstore prices. 🙂
Elite Models Cosmetics are available exclusively in Watsons at selected outlets as follows:
Changi Airport Terminal 1, Plaza Singapura , Toa Payoh, ION, Vivo City, Raffles City, Bugis Junction, City Square Mall, Ngee Ann City, Great World City, Parkway Parade