Hello everyone, It has been one month since i’m back from Krabi and life has been really busy!
Despite being so busy, there’s a need for me to pen down this entry on my unforgettable stay in Amari Vogue Krabi.
Came across this hotel as it is highly recommended in Tripadvisor and reviews have stated that this hotel has a laid-back and luxurious environment.. In addition, the resort is located near / next to a private beach (Tub Kaek Beach) with rooms that have breathtaking ocean views.. Although it is secluded, it is still accessible to the islands available around Krabi.
Took their Amazing Summer package at THB 19,400 which includes:
(works out to $792 for 3 nights stay)
– 3 nights stay in Deluxe room including daily breakfast for 2 persons
– Roundtrip Transfers Krabi Airport
– THB 2,000 Baht Spa or Dinning Credit
– Guaranteed Late Check-out until 14:00 hrs.
– Welcome Drink
– Fruits & Flowers
– Free WiFi Internet Access
– Free use hotel kayak upon availability
Upon reaching the arrival hall in Krabi’s Airport, the driver greeted us warmly while bringing us to the Van (Our Plane was delayed for an hour so the poor chap had to wait for us)
The journey from the Airport to the hotel took about 40 mins and there wasn’t any jam (Unlike the road conditions in Bangkok).. After reaching the hotel, we were greeted by few of the hotel staff and they helped us immediately with our bags..
Even thought we were 2 hours ahead of check in time, no questions were asked and check in was done fast.. While processing our check-in, Warm towels and cold drinks were served…To my surprise, the GM of the hotel (Michael) came down to welcome us personally as well!! Such warm hospitality! You will never receive this kind of service in Singapore…
Michael told us that he had arranged a room on the top floor for us so that we could enjoy the sea view… As per my understanding, there are only 57 rooms in the hotel so you will not face any overcrowding issues…
We were bought up to our room which were well-prepared and i cannot stop wow-ing while the team leader showed us around the room… Were a little disappointed with the fruit platter as the fruits were a little too ripe for our liking…
I’ll always check out the toilet in the hotel first, weird i know.. haha! The toilet in the room is big, clean and completed with ocean-feel furnishing.. Something which i like will be the separate shower area as i always hate wet toilet seat!
The bathtub is also positioned strategically as you can watch your favorite TV program while you soak inside the tub.. If you want to shower or bath in private, you can also lock the window.. 🙂
Furnishings have an elegant Lanna-inspired setting and every items in the room are well maintained (despite the hotel is already 5 years old)… The room is approximately 50 square metres so there’s ample space all around.. The room is also flooded with sources of soft lights so you need not worry about the room being too dim..
The king size bed is neither hard nor soft (just the way i like it) and covered with comfy quilts and covers.. Pillows are soft and fluffy! There’s also a couch at the side of the room for us to indulge in TV program or some readings..
Here’s the coffee and drinks area.. There will be 4 bottle of complimentary water which will be topped up daily…
Just step outside and there’s a private balcony perfect for some relaxing and quiet moments.. Because it was the monsoon season, we did not get to spend much time at the balcony. Due to the strong wind, the couch would be wet after the rain stops… As for the privacy, it is not really that private after all as people could see what you are doing.. I’m not complaining as i’m able to have a nice sea view from the balcony area.. 🙂
The resort has a nice laid-back and garden setting with 2 restaurants, 1 lounge and a Spa center inside.. Other facilities include swimming pool, Jacuzzi and a fitness room etc..
The Lotus Restaurant (picture below) serves Thai food and Daily Breakfast while you can enjoy Seafood / Italian food at the Bellini…
The Sunset Lounge serves many nice cocktails and alcoholic drinks while enjoying the beautiful sun set every evening….
To get to the private beach, It’s just a 5 mins walk from the Lotus Restaurant..
Something important to highlight (if you are travelling with small kids / elderly),there’s quite a fair bit of stairs in the resort so it might pose some inconvenience while moving around..
Since there’s only 57 rooms in the resort, you will not expect an overcrowded pool as well! There’s no need to fight for sun-beds nor fighting for a space to swim… From the end of the poolside, you can see the sea and Hong’s Island.. Really breathtaking views.
The private beach area!!! It was really quiet and beautiful!! Did not have the chance to visit Hong’s Island but i will be back the next time to visit 🙂
The calm sea during low-tide and after sunset.. 🙂
If you wish to have a romantic dinner by the beach side, Arrangements for dinner can be made at 2500 Baht per person.. Although it is pricey, we don’t get much chances to do such a dinner in Singapore.. Beside, the quality of the set dinner is really good and portion is big as well.. However, please take note that there will be small crabs moving around but rest-assured that they won’t climb up your chairs and tables.. haha!
After a nice dinner, you can end the night with some cocktails while soaking up the peaceful night scenery..
The cocktails are cheaper as compared to Singapore and they are really concentrated!!
As many of you should know by now, my bf proposed to me during the trip and he told me that the hotel staff really helped him in many areas.. Despite me being very alert, i did not sense and suspect anything at all… Kudos to Michael and his team members for going the extra mile in making sure that the ‘back-end work’ ended up well… 🙂
The beautiful and Huge Bouquet of fresh red Rose.. 108 Stalks prepared by the team and i was so touched.. More on the proposal in the future post so let’s move on..
Therefore to sum up, here are the pros and cons:
1) This resort is quiet, well maintained and the room is large, well furnished and clean… The housekeeping team will actually make your bed twice and deliver complimentary tea-time snacks in the late afternoons..2) Level of service is really good and i will rate it 10/10.. Everyone in the hotel are always smiling and sincere in helping you with all your needs.. Most of the staff can actually remember our room number and our preferences for beverages during breakfast.. When we are indecisive about the island hopping packages, they made really good recommendation on which to take while keeping into consideration on our needs.. The day before we depart, reminders and arrangements for airport transfer have been made without us asking them to do…
3) The food was great and the breakfast is nice with a wide spread of food… They even have an area for making fresh fruit juice and for ordering freshly made waffles too..
4) The only small downside is that the Hotel is quite far from the Ao Nang.. In Krabi, Taxis are expensive and pre-arrangements needs to be done.. To make up for this shortcoming, Amari caters shuttle bus service twice a day but seats are limited (only 10 seats) so booking in advance is needed. The shuttle bus will leave the hotel at 1:00 and 4:00 pm and return at 4:30 and 8:00 pm and journey will take about 20 mins..
I’ll definitely return to Amari Vogue in the near future.. Thank you for leaving behind such great and sweet memories for the both of us.. 😀